Home HEALTH  ‘Chinese Ebola’ Korle Bu Cleared Suspects Discharged

‘Chinese Ebola’ Korle Bu Cleared Suspects Discharged

by admin


Some of the medical officers who attended to the suspected Coronavirus patients

The two foreigners
suspected of showing symptoms of the deadly and infections coronavirus originating
from China, and so quarantined at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra,
have been discharged from the facility.

Their discharge
followed the negative outcome of laboratory tests undertaken on their samples
by the respectable Noguchi Memorial Medical Research Centre at University of
Ghana, Legon.

The Public
Relations Officer of the KBTH, Mustapha Salifu, speaking to the DAILY
GUIDE
said the two foreign nationals had their particulars taken so
they could be contacted should it be necessary.

The referral
hospital, he said, saw what happened when the two persons were quarantined as a
test case and therefore primed to contain “God forbid eventualities when they
occur.”

Normal Functions

The Emergency and
Accident Centre where they were quarantined has resumed its normal functions
since after all the persons who were kept there did not test positive to the deadly
coronavirus to warrant a special fumigation of the place.

Medical Memo

A memo sighted by
DAILY
GUIDE
from the Director of Medical Affairs and addressed to the
Accident and Emergency on February 6, with the title ‘Resumption of Services’
read, “Results from tests done on the two suspected cases of 2019-nCoV
infections are negative. In view of the above, you are thus to resume services
with immediate effect.”

The fear and
panic which gripped the country did not leave out the hospital where doctors
and nurses showed evidence of apprehension.

Nine Cases

Of the nine
suspected cases identified so far, all had tested negative.

The National
Coordinator for Port Health at the Ghana Health Service, Dr. Dennis Laryea, had
earlier said that an arriving passenger was isolated after he showed symptoms
of infection. Tests later proved otherwise, he added.

Ghanaian Students In China

Parents of
Ghanaian students are apprehensive about their wards in the Asian country. One
of the Ghanaian students, Philip Arthur, has said that there are 300 Ghanaian
students in the city which was now in a lockdown mode following the outbreak of
the infection.

The Chairman
of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Parliament, Frank Annoh Dompreh, has said
the government was doing the needful to ensure the safety of citizens in China
after NDC MP Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa said the government should evacuate the
students without delay.

China Situation

The coronavirus which originated from China has
stretched the Chinese government to its seams, with many open spaces converted
to medical centres for the containment of infected persons.

The doctor who
blew a whistle over the appearance of the strange virus in the epicentre of the
virus outbreak, Wuan, has died after contracting the virus himself.

The Chinese police arrested the doctor when he
made public his findings last year December 30 and made to declare they were
lies.

Li
Wenliang contracted the virus while working at Wuhan Central Hospital.

There
had been contradictory reports about his death, but the People’s Daily now says
he died at 02:58 on Friday (18:58 GMT Thursday).

The
virus has killed 636 people and infected 31,161 in mainland China, the National
Health Commission’s latest figures show.

The
death toll includes 73 new deaths reported on Thursday.

The
virus causes severe acute respiratory infection and symptoms usually start with
a fever, followed by a dry cough.

Most people infected are likely to fully recover ‒ just as they would from a flu.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) is concerned about the negative effects of speculations and rumours occasioned by the disease, describing it as “infodemics.”

By A.R. Gomda



dailyguidenetwork.com

You may also like

Leave a Comment