30 Sanitation Offenders Arraigned Before Tamale Magistrate Court
Thirty persons have been arraigned before the Tamale Magistrate Court presided over by His Worship Amadu Issifu, for various sanitation offenses.
The court granted GH¢ 2,000 bail with one surety each to all the accused persons.
Meanwhile, the accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges in court.
They are expected to reappear in court on 20th September, 2019.
The judge however ordered the prosecutors to ensure that they have evidence that suggest the accused persons do not have toilets in their various homes.
He warned that he would not hesitate to jail any of the accused persons should they be found guilty.
The magistrate judge lamented how Ghanaians were consciously derailing the efforts of government and other organization in fighting the menace of open dedication.
“The black man is like a Tortoise who must be heated to bring him out of his shells,” he said.
In Ghana, statistics show only 21 percent of Ghanaians have access to improved household latrines where as the remaining 79 percent defecate in the open.
FROM Eric Kombat, Tamale