Michael Jackson, the king of pop, has been rated as the most high-earning dead celebrity for 2019
MJ topped the list with a whopping $60 million (GHc 329,541,900,00), beating Elvis Presley by a wide margin who came second place with $39 million
Nipsey Hussle also made the list of top 10 high earners with $11 million income for the year 2019.
The legendary king of pop, Michael Jackson, has released a list of high-earning dead celebrities for 2019 on Wednesday, October 30.
With the list, MJ tops the list of late but high celebrity earners, making it the seventh consecutive time he is doing so with a whopping $60 million pretax income calculated from Monday, October 1, 2018.
This is coming despite the allegations of sexual abuse leveled against him in a popular HBO’s documentary tagged Leaving Neverland. In the film, two men said he molested them as kids.
Forbes said that the streaming of the Jackson’s music shot up to the roof at 2.1 billion in 2019 when compared to the 1.8 billion it had in 2018.
His worth was also calculated from the profits from Sony and Las Vegas show. Following him was Elvis Presley with an income $39 million.
Below is the full list:
1. Micheal Jackson ($60 million) – N21,780,000,000
2. Elvis Presley ($39 million) – N14,157,000,000
3. Charles Schulz ($38 million) – N13,794,000,000
4. Arnold Palmer ($30 million) – N10,890,000,000
5. Bob Marley ($20 million) – N7,260,000,000
6. Dr Seuss ($19 million) – N6,171,000,000
7. John Lennon ($14 million) – N5,082,000,000
8. Marilyn Monrow ($13 million) – N4,719,000,000
9. Prince ($12 million) – N4,356,000,000
10. Nipsey Hussle ($11 million) – N3,993,000,000
Meanwhile, YEN.com.gh earlier reported that fans, music icons and the whole world took some time on Wednesday, June 25 to celebrate the pop icon, exactly a decade after his tragic death.
Being an icon, MJ, who passed away aged 50, was already among the top trends worldwide by the time his 10th anniversary was upon us.