One of the survivors in Tuesday’s robbery at Dawhenya, Alhaji Yusuf Haruna has revealed that deceased, Alhaji Haruna Jafaru was killed over an $80,000.00 transaction.

According to him, the deceased who owns a forex bureau at Community 25, Tema received a call from a supposed client who needed a cedi equivalent of $80,000.00.

ALSO READ: Photos: Three killed in ghastly accident near Potsin junction

Unable to raise the amount, the deceased then contacted some friends in the forex business in Tema and Accra including Alhaji Yusuf Haruna.

“It will interest you to know that the said client (a lady) started calling the deceased about the transaction right from last Saturday. On Monday the deal could not take place for some reason,” he said.

He indicated that after raising the amount, the parties decided to do the transaction at Dawhenya Police Station but were ambushed a few meters from the police station.

“The deceased asked us to use his Honda CR-V. Two other persons, the deceased and myself set off to the meeting point. On our way, the deceased started talking to the client on phone. However, her line could not go through along the way only for us to be ambushed by two gunmen on a motorbike,” he narrated.

ALSO READ: Govt won’t yield to pressure to publish Short report – Oppong Nkrumah

Alhaji Yusuf Haruna said they came under heavy fire
until their vehicle run into a gutter at Dawhenya.

“The fire was so heavy that we could not even turn
when we got to the police station and had to continue towards Dawhenya Township.
It was there that the Alhaji Jafaru was killed,” Alhaji Yusuf revealed.

He said the robbers made away with one of the two
bags which contained about GH¢328,000.00.

“The money was put into two different bags. In the course of firing, the two persons at the back seat managed to hide one of the bags in the car boot. Unfortunately the gunmen snatched and bolted with the other bag which contained about GH¢328,000.00.

READ ALSO: Photos: Man killed after separating fight between friend and wife

Prampram District Police Command has also returned the second bag which contains over GH¢250,000.00 and an unspecified amount of CFA.

“I am so terrified. Having survived, I have taken a
lesson from this and I will stop transacting business with clients outside my
office,” he remarked.

The deceased was laid to rest on Wednesday at
Achimota cemetery.

Meanwhile, investigations are ongoing as police search for the gunmen.   

Source: News/Kwame Yankah